SALTY ZOMBIES RULES
Salty Zombies server rules are in place to protect you and other community members. We have a pretty mature, experienced and supportive gaming community. However, this is the online gaming world. You will get trolls, griefers, hackers and toxic people. These people have nothing better to do than to enjoy the hardship and pain of others. So please be vigilant and don’t assume the admin will spend every waking moment of their lives thoroughly investigating every claim and cry of foul play.
Remember, the Admins and Moderators are volunteers, verbally abusing/trolling an admin or moderator is not tolerated in any way.
General Server Rules
These rules are applied across all our 7 Days To Die servers. There are many reasons we have these rules, and they have developed over the years as the game has evolved. We try to keep the rules to a minimum to preserve the game’s lawless style sandbox open-world element. However, being an Alpha game, many things can be detrimental to the server and its performance. Therefore, we like to balance the game with tweaks and refine it, giving everyone a great experience.
We hope you read and understand the rules thoroughly and do note ignorance isn’t an excuse. But we also believe in second chances. So, if you break the rules and are caught, it’s best to own up to it and resolve the issues with the admin. The type of punishment and severity of the sentence is up to the admin involved. Below is some of the penalty that can be dished out:
- Duping, X-raying, abuse of invisibility glitch and alike are all not allowed.
- Using 3rd party tools to alter the state of the game (flying etc.) is not allowed.
- If you find a possible dupers base, notify an admin. If an admin is not notified and you take the items, we may assume that you dupped the items.
- Impersonating as an admin, moderator or staff.
- No Building in POIs or any Prefab.
- Do not destroy any of the loot in POIs so others can’t loot them.
- No more than 5 planted trees per person.
- No Building in water.
- No Floating Bases of any kind.
- No Drop Mining bigger than 5x5x5 (125 blocks)
- No Building within 200 blocks of any trader
- Farm plots to be no bigger than 5×5. Have as many as you like but keep a 1 block gap between them.
- Players are not allowed to claim POI’s
- Bases can only be built using construction blocks (vault doors, hatches, land claims, bike frames are not allowed), For Example, covering your base in vault hatches or draws.
- No Building bases/structures that will obstruct roadways.
PVE Server Rules
These rules are in addition to the general regulations written above but are more specific to the PvE servers. We have two 7 Days To Die PVE Servers: a PVE Pro server for the hardcore PvE Players who want a challenge and a PvE Casual for the players who want a more relaxed experience.
- No stealing from other people’s bases.
- Do not attempt to damage or grief another player’s base.
- No killing other players, such as fire or setting traps you know will kill a player.
- Personal Traders for Tier 3 Donors are for personal use only and should not be accessible to the public.
- Horde bases that manipulate zombie pathing are not against the rules. However, Nams will think less of you if you build one.
- If a player dies, you cannot steal items from their bag. Leave it alone if you randomly come across a player’s bag on the map.
Donor City Rules
We have a rather large POI dedicated to our Donors called “Donor City” on our PvE servers. It includes a large Donor Trader POI that only donors can teleport to. Inside, it has 4 traders you can trade with and vending machines you can buy stuff from. We also have plots outside the donor trader for Tier 2 and above donors. They can put an LCB down and build their base inside DC. There are some rules of Donor City you should read:
- No screamer hordes in Donor City
- Do not spend Blood Moon in Donor City
- Do Not Build within 200 blocks of Donor City
- Do not loot, wrench or destroy any part of DC, including the wall, sewer system and donor trader.
- If you do not build or no progress has been seen on your plot within 10 days, it will be given to someone else.
PVP Server Rules
Our 7 Days To Die PVP server is designed for players who like PVP but don’t want to be online 24/7 defending their base. Below are some specific rules for the PVP servers in addition to the general rules listed above. Please read them very carefully.
PVP Casual Only Rules
- Despawning a player’s bag is permitted after combat, regardless of location.
- Excessively and constantly calling out cheaters/hackers in public chat may make you muted. Players must contact staff directly if they suspect cheating.
- No raiding or stealing from other players’ bases or player-made structures.
- No excessive base camping (Their base is defined by their land claimed area, not just the structure). You can kill someone at their base and take their bag, but excessively doing so is considered griefing/bullying, especially if your player level is higher.
- If you find a player’s base with an expired LCB, it’s still a no-go area. The only thing you can loot and raid is normal POIs.
- Traders are NOT safe zones
- Don’t friend anyone you don’t know or trust.
- Don’t get butthurt if someone kills you on sight. Instead, seek revenge.
- Do not complain if someone kills you and then kills you again while attempting to return to your bag. That bag is rightfully theirs, and they may return or keep it.
Chat Rules – Discord & in Game.
Below is a list of rules to help keep communication between players clean and as non-toxic as possible. However, we understand a bit of debate or banter is part of the game. But continuously being disruptive or going out of your way to cause an argument will result in a ban. If you have any questions, feel free to ask a staff member in Discord. And whilst we are on the topic of staff members, please use the Chain of Command.
Our staff are very active in Discord and most questions can be answered by members of the community.
- No offensive or provoking Discord or game names.
- No racist or sexist remarks.
- Use chain of command.
- No being rude to admin or moderators.
- No advertising on other servers or discord channels.
- If trash-talking goes beyond friendly banter, players involved will be muted or banned.
- If someone is suspected of cheating, contact an admin or moderator.
- No nudity/vulgar/obscene pictures/memes/videos
- Do not talk on subjects of sensitive matters, like politics, religion or current events. If you are trying to cause disruption or spark a reaction from a person or persons you know will be offended, you will be muted or banned.